Sunday 8 January 2012

Quick and Easy Stuffed and Wrapped Chicken

I love a nice roast, but if you want something a bit quicker, this quick and easy bacon-wrapped chicken is a real treat. It's also reminiscent of Christmas Dinner without the hours of preparation!

Grab your favourite stuffing and make up a small amount. I used half a small pack and still had loads left over so made some stuffing balls to have on another day. I added in a bit of my home dried sage I talked about yesterday to this basic supermarket bought sage and onion stuffing to make it extra herby!



Take one free-range chicken breast fillet per person and slice it open from the side to make a pocket. Try not to cut all the way through, but make the pocket big enough to jam in plenty of stuffing! Add a sprinkling of pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.


As you may have noticed I do most of my cooking in silicone dishes. Life's too short to be scrubbing at dishes... these can be chucked straight in the dishwasher and come out good as new!

Next up is some streaky bacon. Wrap it around the stuffed breast and fold it under the chicken to hold it in place.


Sprinkle a bit more pepper on top and pop it into a pre-warmed oven at 200C for about 30-40mins depending on how big your breasts are (so to speak!).

It's not long before a yummy aroma emanates from the oven and when Martha came to sit hopefully in the kitchen I could tell it was done!




The finished result is some deliciously moist and succulent. I served it with some simple boiled home-grown Anya Potatoes and carrots cooked with just my dried mint. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment